A recipe for the best family vacation starts with a gorgeous beach on an island in the Atlantic Ocean. Add a water park, marine habitat, casino, spa, movie theater, concert venue, designer shops and world class dining and voilà: you have Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.
Seeing an email alert this week from the resort about its spring travel deals reminded me of our vacation stay there. Although our vacation was during the fall, Atlantis during any season is pure paradise. (See blog post from 2012.) Spring may is often considered the ideal time to visit, and current discount deals make this popular Bahamas resort on Paradise Island even more attractive. Add to the mix an airfare credit of up to $300 and you may find yourself booking a flight for your family to Nassau today! Here are a few of our favorite things we love about Atlantis:
1. Swimming pools resemble landscape architecture works of art.
2. Some days you may feel like medieval royalty about to conquer an abandoned castle
3. Colorful lily pads transform a frog pond into garden water features ‘fit for a prince’
4. Warmer, calm cove waters and pristine beaches line the resort’s perimeter – perfect for wading
5. Iconic sights such as the Royal Towers will prompt memories of popular spy-action movies
6. Leisurely lunches at one of several outdoor poolside & patio eateries
7. Views in every direction conjure images of the mythical ‘Lost City’
8. Beautiful walkways and patios along the marina allow easy access to the casinos
9. River rides can provide either a thrilling tubing adventure…
…or a relaxing float trip — or both! That’s 10!
Visit the Atlantis Resort website for more information about Atlantis Resort and seasonal specials and discount deals.
We’d love to hear from our readers: What’s your favorite family beach resort? What are your spring break travel plans?
You can also find AzGetawayTravel.com on Twitter and Facebook.