With the holidays in sight, a little thought and creative planning will make your gift of a prepaid Visa card more thoughtful than it at first seems. Your gift can be wrapped in a gorgeous package guaranteed to standout under any tree.
DRESSED FOR SUCCESS The best way to start any journey is with the right clothes. So if clothing make the man, these great gift-wrapping ideas, inspired by the hottest trends among gift wrap designers and leading graphic artists, will transform your Visa gift card into the most enchanting of offering, sure to please even the most discriminating, judgy Grinch.
If you have a series of far-flung relatives you’re giving prepaid cards, to, even better. Let’s go.
1. PICK A THEME: Whatever thrills your recipient, whether its golf, kittens, movies, fashion or sports, play to that theme in your overall wrapping scheme and they will immediately associate your prepaid Visa card gift with all the possibilities. If music is their passion, sheet music of that special song will almost always be available online to download and repurpose as a fun, imaginative wrapper.
2. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX… OR PICK THE PERFECT BOX: Using shirts, posters and craft paper make it easy to go boxless and customize your gift of a prepaid Green Dot card. A fun, daring poster offers better value than assorted papers, ribbons and bows, and it’s much cooler. A kitsch, vintage tee twined around your gift card make a bold statement and becomes a bonus gift.
3. AVOID NUT ALLERGIES: Nothing ruins a moment like tearing open a box to be greeted by a shower of nuts— Styrofoam packing nuts. Even when biodegradable, these peanuts are unwelcome hitchhikers waiting to jailbreak into your rug. Forego this carnage with sweet, sweet padding. Fill your package with a sugar cushion of wrapped candies or licorice, anything bright, adorable and fun— something that will remind them of you.
Imagine a treasure chest filled with chocolate coins or peppermint candies and ditch the nuts alongside that old fruitcake.
4. MAKE IT A GAME: Nothing thrills like anticipation. A set of nested boxes becomes its own irresistible scavenger hunt. It’s all about the rush of wonder and curiosity surrounding the burning question – “What’s inside?”
Keep them in abeyance, just long enough. It’s not the destination, it’s the journey. Make it memorable with hand-written clues, jokes, little anecdotes or Fortune cookie papers. Tease out the adventurous spree about to begin with their prepaid Visa.
5. MAKE IT PERSONAL: Mix tape doesn’t mean what it used to. Use various grades of colored tapes to form patterns or simulate ribbons with alternating strips. Utilize tape with pre-printed graphic designs or doodle on the wrapping paper to say it best.
Crayons and finger-paints are very personal and, if you have any kind of artistic talent, can be chic. Ask a friend who can draw to help out.
6. NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE EXCESS: Accessorize. Bring out the bling! Play money, toy or costume jewelry, puzzle pieces and candy canes affixed to your card gift are fun ways to go over the top. Game pieces or Monopoly houses glued to an envelope allude to bigger things to come.
Whatever you decide, any of these six ideas offers a fresh, festive approach certain to make your gifts well-received for years to come. Dress up a prepaid Visa card, and perfect presentation transforms your gift into an experience.