Bob Parsons and His 16 Rules For Survival
Posted by Mike Huber
at October 8th
You may or may not know him. He is a man of wisdom and understanding. Bob Parsons is a true American entrepreneur. As the Executive Chairman and founder of the conglomerate of the Go Daddy group of companies, he has shared some of his wisdom and knowledge with the general public. No matter where you are in life’s puzzle, Bob Parson’s wisdom can help you. Bob recently made public his sixteen rules for survival. These rules can help you in many of the situations of life; whether you are starting a new business or have been managing one for years; if you are a student, teacher, homemaker or even homeless, Bob’s sixteen rules for survival can help you. Let’s take a look at them and delve further into how they can help:
- Get and stay out of your comfort zone. – If you are in a comfort zone, you are not changing. Change=success and it is important that changes are made to have good things happen. Staying in a comfort zone will just dull you and everything will either stay the same or get worse.
- Never give up. – Keep fighting the fight! Persistence always pays off. If something doesn’t work one way, try another but don’t give up!
- When you are ready to quit, you are closer than you think. – Usually the toughest times come just before the end of the race. Keep your eyes on the finish line and don’t think about the pain. You are in the lead!
- With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be. – Bob Parsons would probably say in easier terms; expect the worse and hope for the best.
- Focus on what you want to happen. - As you think, so it will be!
- Take things a day at a time. – Trying to predict the future is for fortune tellers, not you. One day at a time and it will all come out right.
- Always move forward. – Always invest, improve and trying new, innovative ideas. If you don’t try, you won’t know.
- Be quick to decide. – With most decisions, your first thought is the correct one; go with it!
- Measure everything of significance. – Keeping statistics on everything that means something will help you improve. Use the numbers and keep track!
- Anything that is not managed will deteriorate. – Someone has to manage. With no leader, failure is inevitable. Manage all facets and watch them grow.
- Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing. – Just because the other guy is doing it doesn’t make it right. Watch and learn from them, but always keep an eye on your own priorities more.
- Never let anyone push you around. – People will try to push you down certain paths for their own good, not yours. Follow the path you know is the right one.
- Never expect life to be fair. Life isn’t fair – These words speak for themselves. No words could give more meaning to them.
- Solve your own problems. – This goes back to 12. If you let others try to solve your problems, they are going to do what is best for themselves, not you.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. – Have some fun. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy as Daddy used to say. Go golfing, skiing or bowling. Have some fun!
- There is always a reason to smile. – It takes more muscles to frown than smile. Lighten up and look around you. Smile and enjoy life and good will come your way.
As stated earlier, Bob Parsons has a lot of wisdom. Learn from him and his words. He didn’t just make the Go Daddy companies a major force in today’s technological world by sitting back. He has the keys and is handing them to you. Get in and drive the car!