Exploring Berlin and beyond
Posted by My Itchy Travel Feet
at 3 October, 10:12 AM 0
Leaving on a jet plane to Berlin and Beyond
Exploring off-the-beaten-path destinations is high on my list when it comes to boomer travel. Today, I’ll be enjoying the business class flight on Air Berlin to Gdansk for the beginning of Berlin and Beyond, a press trip to Poland and Northern Germany. From the looks of the extensive itinerary, I’ll be experiencing castles, palaces and the cultural life of Northern European cities that you probably haven’t considered visiting. Of course, I’ll be gathering information about active boomer adventures so that you can decide if Poland and Northern Germany should be added to your boomer travel list.
Want to keep up with me? Check out the Berlin and Beyond schedule:
- October 2, 3: Gdansk, Poland, where I’ll make my headquarters at the Radisson Blu Gdansk.
- October 3: After sightseeing in Stettin and Szczecin, Poland, our group will spend the night at Hotel Podewils Castle in Krag.
- October 4: We’ll be exploring more of Szczecin including the Pomeranian Dukes Castle before calling it a night at Hotel Focus Szczecin.
- October 5: Our journey takes us to Schwerin, Germany with a stay at the Niederländischer Hof.
- October 6: After touring more of Schwerin, we finally make it to Berlin just in time for a gala dinner at Great Orangery at Charlottenburg Castle and a classical concert in Berlin’s beautiful Prussian Court. Radisson Blu Berlin will be headquarters for the next two days.
- October 7: A visit to Asisi’s “The Wall” installation commemorating The Berlin Wall is today’s highlight. And, a Gastor Rallye, an exclusive tour including three courses at three of Berlin’s most trendy and exquisite restaurants caps off the end of an exciting week.
- October 8: Air Berlin will be flying this exhausted boomer traveler home.
As time and internet allow, I’ll be posting photos on Facebook and look for reports with the hashtag #BeyondBerlin on Twitter. If you’re on Pinterest, be sure to follow our Berlin and Beyond board.
Do you have questions about visiting Poland or Northern Germany? Post a comment to ask them. I’ll find the answer for you
Disclosure: Airberlin, VisitBerlin and The Oder Partnership City of Gdansk have provided this travel experience. As always, the opinions are my own.
More Posts by My Itchy Travel Feet
Post Author: My Itchy Travel Feet
Bio: At My Itchy Travel Feet, a Baby Boomer's guide to travel, Donna and Alan Hull promise to provide valuable information to help Baby Boomers plan their next adventure.
Donna, the writer, and Alan, the photographer, travel the world recording their experiences with words, photos and videos. Browse through items about international and domestic destinations. Read lodging and dining reviews. Discover new adventures, whether it’s a luxury cruise or a rough-and-tumble jeep experience. Learn trip planning strategies. Find out about new travel products. The couple may occasionally accept free lodging, food or products, but they make a point to disclose that in their posts.
Their goal: to inspire Boomers to get off the couch and go.